Sunday, November 4, 2007

My First Blog Post: Which is Sure to be BORING!

I have been threatening my family and friends with writing a book about their antics for years...and now because of blogging, I can do even better than that. I will not have to rely on warm fuzzy memories. I can now record their craziness as it occurs.
In case you are wondering, the name of this blog is an actual quote...mine to be exact...which was exclaimed in a high pitched voice when my oldest daughter was 3 and was in fact our only child, so she couldn't lay the blame elsewhere. We have had many such "cheerios in my sneakers" moments since those long ago days and I am sure my two youngest hooligans will be adding to the list daily, (if not hourly.)

OK...Down to business...the reason I am starting this blog is basically because I have very little free time, and the free time I do have, I usually spend reading the message board on the Well Trained Mind site and following the links to all of your blogs. I enjoy drooling over your beautiful school rooms and schedules. I love reading your weekly reports and wondering how you all got it done. I am in awe of your accomplishments and endurance in the face of adversity. In fact, I am a great fan of you all and I would love to take part in this great conversation.

So, here I am with an empty blog...my kids are off at a swim meet (where <<>> my 13 y/o ds just swam 100 yd f/s in 58 seconds! YAY Elvis! ) my 2 little guys are actually playing and not trying to kill one another, and Dh is in his room watching old Frank Zappa concerts on DVD. I haven't sat on the couch this long since we bought it.

I guess it is protocol towrite a bit about how many years we have homeschooled, what curricula we have used, what books we are reading and all that other fun stuff I love to peruse on all the other blogs I read, but I think I will save all that for another day. I am going to sign off here and begin to build this blog one day at a time. I am really looking forward to haveing loads of fun with this.
Byes for now
~~Faithe

9 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Love your blog name! LOL I use blogspot too, and its much easier than homeschool blogger... I tried and tried to use it... and here we are...

Cant wait to read more!

Lisawa~

Tina in WA said...

Welcome to the blog'in life!

You're off to a great start and I can't wait to read more as your blog continues to grow.

Blessings,

Tina

karenciavo said...

Love the name too ;-)
Happy blogging.

Staci Eastin said...

Welcome to the blog world!

Bondfam said...

Congratulations on joining the blogging community! I look foward to visiting your blog!

Sheryl said...

Welcome..I just joined blogland in September. I'll be sure to check back and come over for a visit as

hazelnutacademy.blogspot.com

Happy Blogging!

Cellista said...

Great name and great writing! It sounds fun. I'll be sure to come back and read more. Welcome to blogging :)

Kristiana from WTM boards

Hen Jen said...

Faithe, I really like the blog name!
Welcome to blogging!! I am a total computer klutz, I went the easy way and hired someone to design my blog.

stop on by sometime, (just click my name at the top in blue)

see you around the boards...!

Faithe said...

WOW!!! This is cool. I come back after 2 years to see I have comments!! YAY. I lost my password then forgot I had started this blog.

Welp...might as well try again....

~~Faithe