Saturday, January 2, 2010

52 Books in 52 Weeks

THE CHALLENGE!!!!

Week 1: Books 1 & 2

I have agreed to accept the challenge.
Starting off this year with 2 books...A Voyage Long and Strange by Tony Horowitz. Should be subtitled what really happened between the time of Columbus and the Landing of the Pilgrims: America's Lost 100 Years.
Interesting...I didn't realize the extent of exploration that Spain invested in the Americas. Intriguing.

I am also reading Knowing and Teaching Elementary Mathematics by Liping Ma. This is supposed to be THE BOOK tom read on teaching Mathematics to children. I am drudging through it in the hopes that it will help me do a better job with Math with my younger set than I did with my older kids. We are not a particularly "mathy" family...we are more word oriented. I am hoping this book helps me mesh my understanding of mathematical concepts and teaching them in a way that opens the doors of understanding to my kiddoes.

No comments: