Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 7 Book 8 Under the Dome by Stephen King


This was a BIG book...1144 pages of typical Stephen King meets the Twilight Zone...Cast of 100 characters, Good vs. Evil...God vs. no God, Extra-terrestrial life meets Human earthling...predictable, engaging anyway...read faster and faster and faster....Hide in your room instead of clean the house...sit on the couch and read instead of homeschool the kiddies....Stephen King.


I finished this tome in one week....mostly Friday and Saturday this weekend. I would have liked to see less extra-terrestrial and more environmental issues addressed. Would have deepened the book and made it a work of art instead of a simple Simpson's episode gone awry.


The bad guys were bad...the good guys were good. The book was fun and the movie should be out in a year or so...LOL!


2 comments:

Robin M said...

I just finished it myself. It definitely was a book that kept me reading, I'll say that. I would have like to see more alien stuff involved. My hubby kept saying King got the idea from twilight zone. hmmm!

Faithe said...

I did see the Twilight Zone episode that this book reminded me of. Of course the characters were not developed, nor as evil/ good, nor was there a dome....BUT the end was...Now dear, play nice with your playthings....AAAAAHHHHHH Creepy!

The other TV episode this was like was the Simpsons where a dome is dropped over their town.


Oh well...maybe the ideas came from somewhere else...but SK sure knows how to keep a reader reading!