Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekly Report: 2/22- 2/28 2010 SNOW...SNOW...AND MORE SNOW!!!
























This has been the week of the snowstorm. Funny thing is....we don't have any snow. All around us, everyone is buried in up to 2 feet of the white stuff. US.....we got slush! Slush was falling from the sky. We got rain...rain...and more rain....OH....we also got a BLACKOUT!!!


Now, I LOVE blackouts. I love the quiet. I love the dark. I love the humless house. I love readfing by candlelight. I love hearing my kids jumping out of closets and scaring the crud out of eachother and then laughing their collective butts off...the scarer and the scarees.

DH did hook up our tiny generator, so we could flush the toilet and we did have one flourescent light bulb going in the kitchen. Got the woodstove cranking and settled my young'uns down to reading and snuggling in their sleeping bags...campout...kitchen style! LOL.
OK...down to progress subjects:
Monday: Knew snowstorm was on its way. Promised the little buggers that if their seatwork was finished, we could go to the playground to play. Guess what? They finished by 12:30. Off to the playground. Cousins met us there and our yayas were all let out.
Last day of Karate. Our contract is complete. Kids love it. Pocket hates it. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!! Must find cheaper dojo for kids. They are good. They could compete. I can't afford this. LOL!
Tuesday...here comes the snow.... yay!! supposed to be deep....not sticking yet!
Wednesday: BLACKOUT!! shovel...shovel...shovel....
Thursday: shovel...shovel...splooosh....
Friday: Ummmmm...more snow...UGH!....more slush...UGH! UGH!!!!
Kids made progress in Math, Reading and Language arts. Mr. Mustache Man is reading very well for a newly 6 year old boy. Cubby has declared I am boring. I take that personally. I believe him. I am boring. Do your work...do your work...come'on...do your work! Ummmm...BORING!!!!! Decided it is time to really consider going back to my CM ways...in a more mature...boy kinda way. Talked to Cubby about what made things boring.....Basically, he is bored because there is too much written work and not enough hands on work. I need to incorporate more math type games, manipulatives and real life experience. He likes his reading program and I will continue to do the writing in the workbook for him. his reading comprehension is wonderful...even months later.
Dr. Kazam figured out she needs 80 more days to finish her assigned work. She is a list checker. She is a workbook kid.
She likes knowing exactly what is expected and self-teaching lessons. She is a learn on your own kinda girl. Git it done and I can go do what i really want to do...CREATE! PAINT! BUILD!
Elvis needs a total overhaul in my High School Plan for him. I am seriously considering holding him back a year and having him complete 10th grade again next year. He is very intelligent and always worked at least a year or 2 ahead of grade...BUT he has leveled out due to sickness and immaturity this year. I can not help but to meet him where he is at and move on from there. He is reading Dante mby choice, BUT his Lit program sits untouched for weeks....He is reading Yuggie's Chem book, but is only in Module 6 of his own....OK....So, he is learing...BUT, he is immature and nneds to learn to prioritize and complete subjects as assigned.
Ding is getting used to campus life
Yug is plodding along.
Sorry, No pics this week...again. Still no camers...sigh.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

What a hilarious week in review! I love that it is so obvious that each of your children are individuals.

Hope you get less rain and slush this week.

Robin Johnson said...

I love blackouts too... for awhile. I hope your weather improves and your children continue learning.

Liza Q said...

I love your attitude about blackouts...I get scared!

I wonder whether boys are very different in High School. I have two friends with older boys and they could have written your post!