Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cymbalta Journies.....

    I have been in horrible pain for years. My doctor prescribed Cymbalta to me...and said it would help with my pain, insomnia and the diabetic neuropathy. I am a little nervous about taking it...yet excited that I may atually get some relief.

Anyone dealing with the perpetual cr@p that has happened here over the past few years would be depressed...but somehow, I am not. I do have some bad anxiety especially hormonally (PMS) about a week before "truth" week. LOL. Dr. said it would help me with that AND my crazy insomnia...so i am almost giddy.

My dd takes cymbalta for fibro...which is where I got the idea to ask my dr. for it. She says she feels like a new woman...can sleep...and her pain has subsided greatly. I am hoping for similar results. The fibro even hurts my teeth!

I have always used exercise as my # 1 treatment...and it really was the only thing that helped...but I am now in so much pain, that I can't even THINK of begininng to exercise again. I stopped walking last March after walking every day 3 miles for 13 years....I was sick due to other autoimmune diseases (hashimoto's...my numbers were horrible! and PCOS/ Insulin Res....again...hypoglycemic problems.) Then, by not exercising, I had the worst fibro flare up in years. I am hoping the cymbalta will give me enough relief from the pain that I can get back on my exercise routine....then all the other stuff gets better as well...it is a nasty downward spiral....and after my mom died this fall....well...who felt like doing anything?

Day 1


Took the first dose last night and today, I am so dizzy and nauseus I can't get out of bed. eeeeewwwww.....

BUT a lot of the pain in my back feels so much better. My legs can actually move....but I can't move....because I am afraid I am going to throw up....

I did take it very easy today....and only had a minor snafu....I slipped my car off the road right outside my driveway...I wasn't going for a drive, just moving the van for the plow guy....ummmm....dh got my car out and put me back on the couch.....good thing we had an ice storm today and everyone was home.

I am not sure if I like this loopy feeling. I was really relieved from my pain today though....until I fell on my butt in the icy driveway....grrrrrrr.

My bones just feel better...really weird.


Day 2

Today, I still feel foggy, but not nearly like yesterday and not nauseaus. I just feel weird, like I am pretending to be here.....strange. The pain is very bearable...which is a marked improvement over usual when I wake up....I was able to get right up and walk, so that is definitely better. I am going to try and get in a good day of school today. We did pretty well yesterday...kids did math, reading, and LA...and we had lots of couch read-aloud time due to the ice storm. Kids made pies with dad...and we watched a movie that made my 6y/o cry (Letters to God.) It made me cry too.....


We are snowed in here today, so I won't even need to try and drive....

I am going to give this stuff 2 weeks...see how I feel, and then make a decision to continue or RUN! I just feel like I am on so many meds right now...and I am such a "natural" healing kinda girl....I am on thyroid meds, diabetes meds, pain meds and now this cr@p.....I can't help feeling a bit like I am being sucked into the medical industry vortex......

Day 3 

So,  yesterday,  I had an all out panic attack.  I never had one of those before....soooo,  I kind of figured it must be the Cymbalta...
I also was helping Hammy with his math lesson...tried to write out a number line....and couldn't remember the # 9...it took a few seconds.  As it got closer to the time to take it again,  I started to painc again....so,  I didn't take it.

I did take a pain killer last night...slept like a log and feel so much better today.  Today,  I call my doctor,  tell her what happened...and see if she will just give me a script for Xanax or something temporary for those really bad days...otherwise,  I feel great today!  Back to me....BUT,  now to try and deal with the issue of pain....sigh.....

1 comment:

Mission Driven Mom said...

Please don't think I am crazy...but I HAVE to comment based on my medical expertise and personal experience. You should really look into issues with yeast and gut dysbiosis, if you haven't already. Issues in this area tend to manifest in auto-immune disorders!!

My recommendations are to start diet controlled...you will feel SO much better in 30 days with this alone...start gluten-casein free, no artificial anything, low or no sugar. Get a good mult-vit (free of additives) and Omega-3's (free of additives). Then find a good doc. that will test all you levels for food sensativities, heavy metals, bacteria/yeast, etc. and help bring your body back into balance.

I know you don't know me but I do believe in hitting these issues at the root...AND the root cause is bio-medical!!! If you can't find a good bio-medical doc. then go to DAN (defeat autism now) and find a doc. that does testing through that network. I am sure they will help adults too :).

Also a fabulous book is: Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, Allergies by Dr. Kenneth Bock. Great read and will certainly give you insight to immunity (via allergies portion).

Gut health affects EVERYTHING and is the root of all evil going on in the body.

May God bless you and heal YOU! Knowledge empowers...I pray that this information brings new revelation knowledge to you and that your body, health, and overall well-being is retored as God intended it.

My passion is to see people completely restore their health through faith and enhanced knowledge and application in natural balancing lifestyle changes.

Hugs-Halley