Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 18 results

I did it!!! I really , really did it. I stopped procrastinating and opened a family company on my quickbooks program. I back entered all of our income and expenses from January 1, 2011 and even balanced the checkbook and credit card accounts!

Then, since dh brought home a lovely new to me 4 drawer file cabinet, I decided to attack the files too....so I emptied out my old broken and falling apart cabinet...cleared out all the old paperwork and made up new files for our 2011 expense receipts. I also made files for all of our car titles and maintenance, property deed, birth certificates, wills, social security cards....insurances etc. I also let my older kids know where everything was...so in an emergency, they would know where to look.

I then put all the older papers into expandable files...wrapped with a rubber band...and up in the attic they go. I have dated the file, so I will know when it is ok to toss. I also made a file for all of our appliances and electronic equipment with the software discs, extra cords etc. Wow!! It feels great!

Ok...off to look at day 19 & 20.

Faithe

No comments: