Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 21..Travel Center????

Set up a Travel Center today. Include travel lists, travel documents, travel accessories, frequent flyer information, travel destination files, and books on travel. Complete instructions follow. (30 Days to a Simpler Life, p. 136)


OR for serious simplifiers only...




Travel with carry-on luggage and skip the lines at the airport. Make a drop-dead short packing list and stick to it! Light travelers are free and independent. (30 Days to a Simpler Life, p. 142)


For me...this is ridiculous.  I don't travel,  unless you consider a 45 minute ride to visit my daughters traveling....or a sprint to the grocery store etc.  We take a family vacation once in a very blue moon...but not often enough to warrant going all out on setting up a travel center...so,  I put my attention elsewhere...and set up an errand center.  I do go on my weekly all emcompassing trip into town....and I hate forgetting anything that I might need for the week.  So,  I thought an errand center would make the most sense.
My errand center consists of a pad and pen on my desk....this is to write down what we need for the week.  Everything goes on this list...from pet food, to school supplies,  to decorating items, to groceries, prescriptions, library stuff...you name it,  I write it down.  I also make sure my cloth shopping bags are ready and in the trunk of my car.  As the week goes by,  I have a box in the trunk of my van...and anything that needs to come into town...returns, repairs etc.....into the box in the trunk.  I store my cloth bags in the car....bags of used cloths that are for donations...into the trunk.
 
The night before errand day,  I plan my route...and plan a nice lunch with the kiddoes.  We also make sure we spend a nice time at the library.  We treat errand day like a treasure hunt...the kids also bring some of their earned money for that little car they just have to have...or the new Owl City CD....or new colored pencils. 
 
So,  my errand center is set....and I like having that all simplified.  :-)
Faithe

No comments: