Sunday, January 17, 2010

52 books in 52 weeks: Week 3 / Book 3

This one took me a while to read as it was not a novel, hence the text was more dense. I truly enjoyed the authors persistance and his desire to get to the heart of the "American Story." As we are studying the foundations of our country in our history studies this year, I found this book timely and informative. The information gleaned will help with our upper level history and literature discussions. I intend to add this authors "Confederates in the Attic" to my reading list.

I have been reading Farmer Boy to my 3 younger children. They have been enjoying the Little House books so much, that I decided to add Almanzo's story earlier than I usually do, especially since i am reading to Cubby and Ham. The kids are having so much fun comparing Amanzo's childhood to Laura's and we are all enjoying the descriptions of FOOD that Laura adds into the story. Laura must have been drooling as she wrote this book. My children have still not decided who was the "richer" child.

















No comments: