Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week in Review 1/31-2/6/10

Backstroking : Just like my big brother!






Lining up for my next race







Won't let a bit of walking pneumonia hold me back.
YAY!!!!!!ELVIS!!!!! (He placed into finals!)





Dr. Kazam swims the 100 back-stroke finishing strong and taking 4 seconds off her best time.

Still exhausted from the weekend. Long Meets! Long Drives! Ding is back at school, visited Ahha and EEyah Sunday night. Daddy had a middle of the night service call and then the subsequent search for repair parts associated with commercial boilers in rural settings. UGH!

Ham managed to get Bible, Math, Phonics/ Reading and LA finished for the week. We only have seat work lessons 3 days a week for him as he is still 5. We will increase to 4 days a week the week after next when he turns 6

Cubby: Took 2 hours to give him a spelling test. 20 words....he spelled 19 correctly after lots of prompting. I am sure my 1rst grade teacher is rolling in her grave...OY! Other than that, he did a wonderful job of avoiding his school assignments. We managed to get a few done, but I think he needs a little academic seat work break. maybe we will do more orally, or maybe I will just tell him to suck it up and get busy. Not sure yet....

Dr. Kazam: She managed to do a math quiz, 3 LA lessons and 3Reading Lessons...all that after sleeping until 11 am pretty much all week Growth spurt, coupled with being sick and a weekend of competition did her in. Another weekend of competition this weekend coming...OY

History: We are STILL in SOTW 3!! This is Year 2....and we still have about 10 or 15 chapters to go. This week we covered the Constitutional Convention...George Washington, Ben Franklin etc. We covered the 3 branches of Government etc. My kids always have this deer in the headlights look. LOL. We read a few small books as go alongs: Shhhhh....We're Writing the Constitution, by Jean Fritz and A More Perfect Union by Maestro.

Elvis was holed up in his room most of the week. I guess I should check his progress, but he looks glum enough and I don't have a nice tone in my voice today...LOL. I know he caught up some work in his Literature and went back to Teaching Textbooks for Algebra 2. He took the test for Chapter 8 today and was able to get a 95%....YAY!!!! Math has been the bane of my homeschool existance and unfortunately ...his too. He also read This Perfect Day by Ira Levin. Great book!

Yuggie cracked the windshield in his car...Ding's is on its last leg....

We skipped Karate Monday....Skipped swim practice Monday AND Friday.....

Glad this week is now over! I need a new book for the 52 in 52 challenge....Going to go scout my shelves. I have 8 hours of bleacher time this weekend! Think I'll grab This Perfect Day from Elvis!

Ta-Ta

4 comments:

Heather said...

So glad I'm not the only one familiar with the deer in the headlights look after SOTW! lol! :)

Robin Johnson said...

You've packed a lot in. I'm so glad there are others that give the littles a break when they seem to stall. Sometimes it's necessary to have room to grow.

Mandy in TN said...

Sounds like a busy week!

Anonymous said...

With all that was skipped, still a fantastic week!