Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekly Report 1/11-11/15/10

Well, this has not been our most academic week.

The kids have been sick...especially Elvis. He spent days in bed with pneumonia.

We moved Ding into her dorm this week. Monday was a trip upstate to visit the campus. Friday was Transfer Orientation and Saturday we moved her in. We spent the day with her....Thank God Ahha and Spock live 10 minutes away.

The dorm was so empty and weird as most of the students weren't returning until today. (Sunday) Ding was lonely and I think a bit freaked out. I am not sure how she and her room mate will get along....that remains to be seen.

Ding fits right in at this school. It is so perfect for her. I can't wait for her classes to begin so she can get on with college life.

We did finally make our ginger bread house. It was fun. Dad showed off his Martha Stewart skills by out frosting me...He is so much better at these art projects. I, on the other hand, did a nifty job of baking all the pieces and cutting them out etc.

All the kids chipped in on the decorating....and Dad lent his skills in the construction aspect....Lots of double sided tape!


It did come out beautiful . And it was fun doing it.
That night before putting Hammy to bed, I was kissing his hands and his face and smooching him up. He grabbed my face in his two little hands and looked me in the eye and said, "Mama, you are much better at kissin' than you are at making stuff."


4 comments:

WildIris said...

Wow! Your house turned out great. When I made a ginger bread house a few weeks ago it became an all day task. I think these things make for lasting memories. I hope next week goes well for you.

MissMOE said...

I can taste the time when my oldest will be heading off to college. Hope everything works out with your oldest at school. And I must say--our gingerbread houses never look that good! Thanks for sharing.

Mandy in TN said...

What a great gingerbread house!

Liza Q said...

"Mama, you are much better at kissin' than you are at making stuff."
This is a good thing!