Friday, January 22, 2010

Weekly Report 11/ 18 - 11/22/10

Line them up, count them twice.
seven, carry the one, eight, carry the one...


Here's the pennies, Here's the nickels. can I keep them if I count them right?

Now, How do I reduce this fraction??





So...What do you do with a gingerbread house?? Why, you eat it, of course!!








Yum! Yum!!! Eat it up!!!!



Tried to get back into the swing of things this week. The younger kids all
manged to finish their assignments...but not without me feeling like to police
and being so completely worn out by Friday that I spent the whole day on the WTM
site debating whether or not kids should be sent back to school if the
government mandated it. It was an interesting conversation and a little
eye-opening for me as to the state of the new homeschool Mom generation. Somehow
I managed to move into an entire new generation without noticing it.


Ding is settling into dorm life. She loves her classes, classmates and room
mate. She hates the food. She has always (since she was 3) has been a
vegetarian. "Cats eat meat...but cats are meat" The cafeteria has slim pickin's
for one who is a vegetarian AND nutritionally conscious. We need to get her some
groceries this weekend!

















4 comments:

Daisy said...

Cafeteria food was one of the most difficult things about college life. Well stocked small refrigerator was the ONLY way I survived. Never did put on the freshmen 15.

LOL, about being the police. I KNOW that feeling. I was dragging across the finish line this week.

Mandy in TN said...

I have to admit that this week was a marathon. I think the middle of the year crash-and-burn is upon me.

WildIris said...

Sending 'em back to public school would not change your role as the enforcer. I found that kids in school were more work than kids at home. At least at home I know what we were doing and why. Yikes if it were mandated that all kids go to school. I don't think I could do that.

You ever notice how the great expectations of Monday morning become a challenge by Friday afternoon?

Cheery-O

Faithe said...

WOW!! I think that it is really cool that someone actually reads my straggling thoughts...
I wake up every Monday thinking of all the wonderful things we will get done...I wake on Wednesday with the hope we will finish up most of our stuff...And I wake on Friday hoping to just get through the day. LOL. I repeat as necessary until summer and then plan all summer long for the great things we will never get to do. The planning is fun anyway :-)

Thanks for leaving comments! I appreciate them.

And I did get the little fridge and will stock it for poor hungry Ding this weekend.