Sunday, January 10, 2010

52 in 52 Week2

Ok, I finished book 1, but not my intended book. I couldn't help myself. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey showed up in my library request bag...so I had to read it first. I love this series even though it is written for teens. So...much...fun....

I am still making headway in a Voyage Long and Strange. It is one of those books I rather read slowly....it helps to take it all in. I am learning so much about the Spanish influence and explorations into the Southern US, the landscapes, archeological evidence of Conquistadors and so many Native American tribes and civilizations that I had no idea ever existed.

Put aside Sunburnt Country for this week...until I am finished with Voyage. 2 Travel books tend to confuse me...LOL.

Hoping to finish Voyage tonight...then read the next Mysterious B. Soc. which is on my nightstand...and then Sunburnt.

I should have a bit of waiting room time this week...so...maybe.....

1 comment:

Our Westmoreland School said...

Lol, read what you enjoy! I have a list a mile long, but I managed to find and read two books that weren't on it!?!

Thanks for sharing, it sounds like a good read :)