Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 8 Organizing the pantry

Ummmm...did you ever feel like Old Mother Hubbard??  My kids (one or another)  has been sick and barfing since last Tuesday....so I did not get to my usual shopping.  That,  and due to my health issues, I have decided to go gluten-free and lo-carb.  I do keep a box of Cheerios on hand for Hammy along with natural peanut butter and not-so-natural jelly...but even those stores are running low.

I have plenty of dog food and cat food...so that will keep our furry family happy....

I am slowly ridding the cabinets of anything that has preservatives, artificial colors or sugars and buying our food as fresh as possible.  The baking cabinet does have a bag of white sugar...but all the flours are whole grain,  all the nuts non- processed bought in bulk....I am also getting rid of soy products because they seem to exacerbate auto-immune diseases...so I am changing from a soy based protien powder...to a pea based one made byt the same company....Peaceful Planet.  ther protien powder is the best...and it comes completely unsweetened.   I just add frozen strawberries,  a T. of flax meal and a handful of spinach leaves....yummy Green Shake!

I hope this one is as good as their soy and whey based powders.

So,  my pantry is clean,  my baking cupboard is not too bad,  my fridge is stocked with fresh meat, fruit, veggies, butter and milk,  so no one ...even if someone feels like eating is going to starve.

...and NOW,  I am going to take a nap....

Faithe

No comments: