Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lent Challenge Day 5

I love this challenge....the great closet clean out...LOL.

Design a highly organized closet immediately. To become inspired, visit closet companies and stores like Hold Everything and Stacks & Stacks. I will not be doing this part of the challenge because of the "don't buy anything non-perishable for 30 days challenge...and I still have 23 days to go.  Instead,  I will make myself a list of what I might need to be better organized or pieces of wardrobe that might need replacing for the spring/summer season.

Make your hangers one kind and one color.  I already have enough hangers that do match and are durable.  I am not he fancy hanger type,  and I find myself frustrated by ones that don't match,  so I will stick with the ones I have.

 Next, radically pare down your wardrobe. Recycle at least half of your clothing and accessories. Put your clothes back into your closet using a simple arrangement. (See "Arrange your clothes inventively" above.) Finally, remove your shoes from the closet floor and restrict them to neutral colors.  OK,  so here is where  it gets personal.  I will TRY to weed through the shoes.  Shoes are one luxury I allow myself to have.  I love shoes!  BUT,  I will go through them just for the sake of the challenge,  and any I haven't worn in a year will go to their new home..  


MY RESULTS!



After seven days, review your closet and work out the bugs!



                                (30 Days to a Simpler LIfe, p. 37)


I actually do this one every season.  I have very limited closet space,  so I am always weeding out stuff that gets old or doesn't fit...or I bought and just don't like.  I am usually careful about clothing purchases because of my limited space...and I really have no sentimental attachments to clothing or pretty much anything else.  I am a tosser.  My dh thinks it is because I make poor decisions and don't buy things that last,  while the truth is,  I use my things until I no longer have use for them and then...out they go.

Now,  cleaning the school closet challenge...THAT will be a challenge indeed!!!

Faithe

So,  I didn't clean the school closet,  but I did organize the math and manipulative drawer.

Blurry in the pic,  but it is nice and neat.

1 comment:

Fairy Tale Mama said...

So are you going to do the school closet? My closet isn't too bad, but I still got to get in there today and get out the stray stuff...