Friday, March 18, 2011

Week in review 3/14-3/18/11

We entered into this week in winter and exited in spring!!  Birds are chirping,  colts foot and crocuses are popped.  Snow is almost...almost all gone.

Monday was Yuggies 20th Birthday!!!!  Where did the time go??  So,  to celebrate...we had the traditional egg rolls!!!  The story behind that is when i was in labor with him,  it just was not progressing.  Daddy was getting very antsy....and hungry...so I finally told him to go on down,  find some place to eat and come back.  Well,  wouldn't you know it,  as soon as he left,  my labor kicked into full gear.  Daddy almost missed Yuggie being born because he was eating chinese food down the street...so every year it has been a Father/ son tradition to have eggrolls on Yug's birthday.  I usually make pies...because it is PI day!

OK....back to school stuff:

We had an on again off again week due to Hammy being sick....and our house being under renovation.  I am also trying to de-junk as much as possible....AND,  I am having another flare-up this week of fibromyalgia...I am in a lot of pain....

Ok...this week we covered
BIBLE:  Memory Verse:  With God nothing is impossible
              Scripture:  Luke 1:5-25 The Angel announces the birth of John the Baptist to Zecharias.


History/ Geography:  The new Australian Commonwealth/  Bushrangers/ Ned Kelly

 


Science:   We finally finished reading Pagoo!!! 
Literature:  Read Aloud.  The Wind in the Willows.   One of my all time favorite books...I love the language and the complexity of the sentence structure.   My kids are mesmerized by the prose.  LOVE.

I especially love this edition with the illustrations by Tash Tudor.  Lovely.

Math, LA and Reading got done daily,  but we only worked on 3 lessons in each this week.  Hammy, Cubby & Tallulah are almostfinished with their CLE readers for this year.  Thankfully,   they love them!

Cubby has really taken to reading in just this past week.  It is like a new world opened to him.  He is reading  This book on Louis Braille


After reading about him in his CLE Reader,  he wanted to know more about this boy.  I had this book on the shelf...and he is loving it.
 
I am hoping no one else gets the bug Hammy has.  He has been barfing and pooping for 3 days.  He finally looks a bit better today.  OK...off to plan next week....
 
Faithe 3/18/11

5 comments:

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Love the egg roll tradition = )!! and I love the books you listed! Holling is one of our favs! have a great week-end!

Carrie said...

My son enjoys the CLE readers, too! :)

I'm hoping to read Pagoo aloud this summer before we head to the beach!

Have a great weekend!

Gifts for Girls Academy said...

It looks like you had a great week! My 2nd grader and I just read Wind in the Willows and we loved it!

Dee said...

Love the egg roll tradition as well! So sweet! I've been itching to get my hands on Pagoo and the other HCH books, but had forgotten all about it this year, now I'll write it down so I won't forget!

MissMOE said...

I love the egg roll tradition! Looks like a great week. Thanks for sharing.